CUBUS was initiated within the project Building a Common Platform for Balkan Arts and Business Forum, which aims to establish a sustainable common space for exploring, developing and promoting mutually beneficial forms of cooperation between non-governmental cultural producers and business actors in the Balkans.
The project, coordinated by Slovene Asociacija – Association of Arts and Culture NGOs and Freelancers, strengthens the existing exchange and cooperation between members of Kooperativa – Regional Platform for Culture, who want to
- explore the mutual advantages and different models of collaboration between arts organisations, artists and the business world;
- study existing national, regional and European frameworks and emerging practices of collaboration;
- encourage exchange among regional and international actors, which will contribute to further accumulation of expertise, knowledge, insights and good practice;
- contribute to developing future collaborations, joint initiatives and projects and
- advocate for government to play a more active role in developing favourable legislation, funding and support mechanisms for creative partnerships between the sectors.
CUBUS is the first attempt of establishing a web information platform in the Balkans, where all interested actors from the arts, culture and business sectors can find essential information and ideas how to approach each other. We will continue to develop the site according to the input received by interested parties in the region and beyond.
The ambition of the platform is to become a regional place of exchange, source of inspiration and a growing pool of various resources for artists, NGOs, business and policy-makers who wish to further the development of theory and practice in the field of art and business collaboration in the Balkans.
The project is co-financed by the Kooperativa – Regional Platform for Culture and by the Republic of Slovenia and the European Union from the European Social Fund.